Table of Contents
In the grand, intricate expanse of the multiverse, where realms are interwoven in an endless tapestry of cosmic design, and where nebulous energies pulse like the beating heart of reality itself, there resides a creature of profound wisdom and ineffable power—the amethyst dragon. These regal beings are not just dragons; they are the epitome of gem dragons, a subspecies shimmering with a beauty that defies description and an intellect that transcends mortal comprehension.
With scales that refract light into ethereal hues of purple, their very presence seems to distort the space around them, as if the laws of physics politely bow in their presence. Their eyes, glowing with an otherworldly light, are windows into realms of knowledge so vast and deep that even the most learned scholars and wizards would find themselves humbled.
But what truly sets these magnificent creatures apart is their extraordinary psionic mastery, a form of mental magic that gives them the ability to manipulate, and even rewrite, the laws that govern the cosmos. With a mere thought, they can bend the eternal dance of gravity, reshaping celestial bodies and forging new pathways in the cosmic web. They can reach out with their minds to touch the enigmatic energies of the Outer Planes, conversing with entities so alien and abstract that their whispers can scarcely be understood by mortal beings.
These amethyst dragons do not simply exist within our universe; they are intrinsic to its very framework. They meddle with the fabric of existence itself, not out of caprice, but as caretakers of a cosmic balance that is delicate beyond imagination. Though their motives are inscrutable, their actions are always intricately calculated, woven into the grand tapestry of reality like a masterful stroke of artistry.
So, in this grand theater of stars and souls, where fate and freewill dance in a delicate balance, the amethyst dragon reigns supreme. For them, the laws of the universe are but verses in an eternal song, a song they sing with a voice that resonates through the very essence of existence. Thus, in a universe of endless mysteries and boundless wonders, the amethyst dragon remains one of its most enigmatic and awe-inspiring marvels.
A Visage of Royal Purple Majesty
Imagine a creature hatching with scales of dull, opaque purple, a mere hint of the grandeur to come. As it grows, a transformation unfolds. Its scales and horns bloom into vibrant, translucent hues, while its wing membranes take on an ethereal quality. A mature amethyst dragon is a vision of pure splendor, scales gleaming like rich purple crystals, refracting light and glowing from within. The eyes of an ancient dragon evolve into glowing white or pale lavender orbs, while crystalline horns float telekinetically, mirroring the creature’s mood.
Seekers of Cosmological Mysteries
The amethyst dragons are philosophers and scholars of the cosmos. Fascinated by other worlds in the Material Plane, they delve into the echoes of individual dragons that reverberate across realms. They dissect the cosmic forces that bleed from the Outer Planes, dancing between good and evil, chaos and order. Their wisdom and counsel are treasures for those enlightened enough to seek them.
But beware the Far Realm’s intrusion, for the amethyst dragons despise its corrupting touch. They rise as fierce adversaries against the taint, yet find fascination and friendship in flumphs. These peculiar aberrations stand as a testament that allies may indeed be discovered in the most unexpected corners of existence.
A Treasure Trove of Hoarded Arcana
What does a creature of such cosmic curiosity hoard? Knowledge, magic, and relics from distant worlds! An amethyst dragon’s collection is an awe-inspiring array of treasures drawn from the Material Plane’s diverse realms. Magic items that bridge planes, teleportation scrolls, and treatises unraveling the nature of the multiverse all form the centerpiece of their hoard. Each item is a testament to their endless quest for understanding.
A Lair Unparalleled
Nestled near secluded pools and hidden lakes, the amethyst dragon’s lair is a marvel of natural architecture. Imagine caves with entrances submerged underwater, interconnected tunnels weaving through open spaces, and paths leading to mysterious dead ends. This complex lair plays to the dragon’s unique mobility, allowing it to dance through the air and teleport at will, a mesmerizing dance of flight and magic.
These dragons, with their regal beauty and cosmic intellect, are a paradox of serenity and power. They transcend physical laws, embodying a wisdom that resonates with the vibrations of the multiverse itself. Encountering an amethyst dragon is not merely an encounter with a creature but a meeting with a guardian of existence, a sentinel of the cosmos, and a glimpse into the profound mysteries that shape all of reality.
On initiative count 20 (losing initiative ties), the dragon can take one of the following lair actions; the dragon can’t take the same lair action two rounds in a row:
- Beguiling Whisper. The dragon telepathically whispers to one creature within range of the dragon’s telepathy. The creature must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or be charmed by the dragon until initiative count 20 on the next round. A creature charmed in this way obeys to the best of its ability any command the dragon issues that isn’t directly harmful to the creature.
- Imprisoning Force. The dragon casts the forcecage spell, using its spell save DC and requiring no spell components. The spell ends early if the dragon uses this lair action again or dies.
- Spatial Projection. The dragon chooses a space it can fit into within the lair. It exists in its own space and the chosen space simultaneously until initiative count 20 on the next round. Whenever it moves or takes an action, it chooses which version of itself is moving or acting. If an effect or attack can target both of the dragon’s spaces at the same time, the dragon is affected only once.
The region surrounding a legendary amethyst dragon’s lair is altered by the dragon’s magic, creating one or more of the following effects:
- Background Check. Once per day, the dragon can cast the legend lore spell, requiring no spell components, naming any person, place, or object within 1 mile of the lair as the spell’s subject.
- Crystal Profusion. Amethyst crystals and geodes form along muddy shores and lake beds within 6 miles of the lair.
- Thriving Wildlife. Fish and other aquatic Beasts reproduce rapidly and thrive in bodies of water within 6 miles of the lair. Foraging in these waters yields twice the usual amount of food.
- Watery Sight. Water within 6 miles of the lair is a conduit for the dragon’s psionic presence. As an action, the dragon can cast the clairvoyance spell, requiring no spell components and targeting any body of water in that region.
If the dragon dies, the populations of aquatic life near the lair return to normal levels over the course of 1d10 days. The existing abundance of amethysts remains, but new crystals and geodes form at a normal rate.